John Dwyer, AB'06
1) How long have you lived in Colorado?
Since January, 2008, so just over nine years now.
2) Where do you live?
Capital Hill neighborhood, Denver.
3) Where do you work?
In Denver. At Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, a law firm here.
4) What activity would you recommend to those new to Colorado?
Skiing! It's never to late to learn, and I think it's the most Colorado of activities to do.
5) What is on your Colorado bucket list?
Probably to ski a deep powder day at Silverton. I've never been, but it is supposedly amazing. Need to work on my powder turns first though. Oh, also to see the Rockies win the World Series. So, one is possible.
6) What is the last book you read?
Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis.
7) What is your favorite restaurant?
I think probably Fruition. Once I was eating dinner there, and Steve Martin sat next to me! Pretty awesome.
8) What is your favorite bookstore?
Tattered Cover on Colfax.
9) What is your favorite alumni event?
Phoenixphest for sure. Love getting to meet the new alumni, and of course free beer.
10) Where was your favorite place to study on campus?
11) What was your favorite class at the U of C?
Probably Czech, I took it for my fourth year. As a result, I decided to move to Prague after I graduated.
12) Who was your favorite professor at the U of C?
Too many great ones to pick just one.